2018…what a year. I came in to 2018 in a bubble that I created for myself, and if I’m being honest, I really needed a few reality checks. 2018 was a year of change, learning, and growth for me. I could make such a long list of all of the things that I learned, but here are the 15 that I think are most important:
- Not everyone will like you, and that is okay. You don’t have to please everyone.
- It is more important to take the high road than to be right–it will come back to you.
- You are never too good to help someone in need–remember that somebody else would love to have your bad days.
- Don’t assume–always go the extra mile to love others and check up on them.
- Don’t let fear run your life.
- It’s totally okay to ask for help, you don’t have to do it all.
- It’s okay to not know what you want to do with your life. You have plenty of time to figure it out. You were made for a purpose, so always know that you are bound to find it.
- Admit when you’re wrong.
- You don’t have to prove anything–whether thats faith, confidence, skill.
- Welcome experiences that will open your mind and open your heart, even if they seem scary.
- You don’t need to put your life all over social media if you don’t want to–even in this technology-driven generation, it’s okay to keep things to yourself.
- God’s love is for every single person, no matter their background.
- Don’t dwell on your mistakes because God doesn’t.
- Be honest–telling someone the honest truth is better than trying to protect their feelings with a lie.
- Things change, people change, and you change, and sometimes its weird and uncomfortable, but welcome that change because a season of discomfort brings a season of growth!
You know how when you are redoing a house or a room, you have to tear everything down in order to start over? That’s kind of how 2018 was for me. 2018 was the year God tore down my walls, destroyed all of the false beliefs and ideas I had, and smoothed everything out so I could start fresh. These things I learned in 2018 are paving the way for new things to be built in my life in 2019 and the years to come.
2019, I’m ready for ya. 🙂
Leave me a comment of what you learned in 2018!!
“But forget all that–it is nothing compared to what I am going to do. For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland.” — Isaiah 43:18-19